The Latest Updates on Activist Campaigns & Corporate Defenses, Legal & Regulatory Issues and Trends in Corporate Governance
The landscape for shareholder activism is changing. Companies such as Microsoft, Dell, Herbalife, Sirius XM, Apple and Aeropostale are in the headlines every day, but now even small-cap companies are finding themselves in the sights of activist investors.
The Activist Investor Conference was an annual gathering of the most important group of activist investors, corporate governance specialists, advisory firms, proxy solicitors, and corporate board members. The program featurds technical sessions on the latest activist investment strategies, their impact on corporate performance, legal and regulatory changes, studies of effective proxy campaigns and successful corporate defenses.-->
- Examining activist hedge fund returns: How distinctive investment styles effect earnings
- What’s behind the increased auditor disclosure seen in proxy statements?
- How and why activist investors are using executive recruiters to fill board seats
- How does a company’s relationship with its shareholders impact an activist campaign?
- Public concern over executive compensation: What can activists do to keep executive pay in line with performance & company valuations
- Closed-end funds vs. corporate activism: Examining the significant differences and what you should know before investing
- The new age of activist investing: What’s the impact on policy, governance and executive pay?
- Examining operational, boardroom, governance and takeover activism
- The importance of a strong public relations program for your activist campaign
- How a proxy solicitor's misstep can turn an easy victory into a loss
- The Canadian Proxy Landscape: What to expect when investing north of the border
- Exploring event-driven hedge funds returns and the link to activism
- Overcoming and dealing with resistance as a lone dissident board member
- International activism: Understanding the importance of regulatory and cultural differences
- Hedge Funds
- Proxy Solicitors
- Private Equity Firms
- Corporate Governance Specialists
- Advisory Firms
- Securities Litigation Firms
- Investment Banks
- Asset Managers
- Corporate Law Firms
- Home Offices
- Corporate Board Members
- Public Pension Funds
The Westin New York - Times Square
270 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
In the center of Times Square, New York City all around you, discover a hotel destination where you stay at your best. Experience a whole new level of luxury and serenity at The Westin New York at Times Square.